Friday, February 27, 2015

Commenting Review Week

            For the commenting, I really don’t feel like the weekly comments are helpful.  I just feel like it is busy work for me.  However, the comments on the Projects have been very helpful and nice.  Since I have spent so much time on revising stories for my Portfolio, I like to hear feedback that people have enjoyed them or cannot find any grammar mistakes.  I feel like these are the comments that matter the most because they require people to analytically critique other people’s writings. 

I do take other people’s comments into consideration, but if I feel like such considerations would ruin the tone that I was hoping to achieve, I will not make those changes.  When I write comments to other people, I will tell them how I felt about the story in general and whether or not they should revise the story due to a lot of grammatical errors or if they should add more detail because it is a painfully dull story.  However, I understand the limitations of writing these stories, so I try not to be too harsh.  
Ninja's Pink Floyd boxers. Source: Flickr.

3 comments:

  1. Kristen, I also think that the Storybook/Portfolio comments are the most helpful comments. Since the comments are longer, people tend to go more in-depth with any mistakes they found, misunderstandings, etc. I think these benefit me and my stories when I am making changes, and I enjoy going through and making these comments on other people's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen!

    I agree with you that the project comments seem to be the most helpful! For me personally, it helps me see what people enjoy or don't enjoy about the story I am trying to tell! I like having other people comment on them too because it allows me to see my grammar mistakes that I might not have seen otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristen,
    The project comments assignment is the most important for sure. Perhaps it is because of the 150 word requirement. This requires for feedback from the reader to put into the blog or storybook. I think that the most helpful comments are the ones that give constructive criticism, so I do not even mind if someone left me a comment like that because in the end it only helps us.

    ReplyDelete