Thursday, February 26, 2015

Famous Last Words Week 7

            Wow, this week has been crazy, but first let’s talk about this weather.  I’m so sad that I my class was an hour before the cancellation occurred on Monday.  On top of that, I had work after class.  Now, many people could call in to work or just assume that their work is closed due to the weather.  The latter should be even more so because I work for the University of Oklahoma, but unfortunately, I am considered essential staff so we do not close down.  Furthermore, since I am a student worker I do not get paid time and half like everyone else.  But what do I expect from the University.  Not more money, that’s for sure.  What upsets me more about the weather is that it is ruining my weekend.  My niece’s birthday was yesterday, and we were supposed to have her birthday party this Saturday.  However, the weather in my home town is going to be bad so they had to cancel the party, and from fear of getting stuck there for days and missing school and work, I’m just going to have to suffer through another week without seeing my family.  Well, as if that is not bad enough, the weather in Norman is going to be horrible all weekend, which means that I will not be able to do anything this weekend except for be cooped up inside.  What’s worse is that I have work on Sunday at 8 am, and they are saying the roads will still be horrible at that time.  Ugh is the only word that I can say about this.  Ugh.

            Other than the weather ruining everything, the Storybook Projects that I read this week looked really great.  Both were about the relationships of couples within the epics.  I was so happy that people have decided to write about this subject because after reading Sita and Rama’s relationship within the Ramayana, it was something that needs to be explored in greater detail, and I am so anxious to see what type of voice the female characters will have within these stories.  
What I hope this weekend doesn't look life.  Source: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment